Dirt bike hitch rack

haney4147

really like that rack site!  I've been toying with another idiotic idea:  I have one of the dual receiver adaptors, so I can carry the bike rack along with pulling a trailer.  did some measuring and it looks like I could carry 2 carrier racks that way, in sort of a "biplane" arrangement...the portabote seats fit on the lower one and lay more or less flat.  obviously, weight on the receiver will be a big issue, especially given the longer lever arm the weight is at the end of, so i'd been thinking of an aluminum rack and that place has a nice selection.

I too have a hitch mounted receiver (2 inch) separate from the hitch that's welded to the reinforced  whale tail. i had to add additional metal to the bottom seam welds of the rear bumper as that rear bumper is thin and too much weight will rip the seam of the weld.

the idea of adding 2 hitch bumper mounted receivers also crossed my mind but i ended up getting a fantastic bike rack that just clips onto my ladder. not sure if the bandito has a ladder; but for me it works awesome for bikes and keeps bike weight off the bumper which is carry the lone generator and other items in the hitch hauler

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

5 hours ago, Totem said:

that rear bumper is thin and too much weight will rip the seam of the weld.

wish previous owner of mine had that much foresight....too late for my rear bumper.  i'm going to have to do major reinf to add any hitch receiver arrangement to mine....wait til you see the pix of the current frame hackery

I tried to save weight by making my original bumper the hitch and it ripped too. Too thin , like everyone said. I was toying about buying a 1/4" bumper and then welding the hitch and foldable basket onto the bumper, but the guy at the ramp said to stop trying to reinvent the wheel...