Need Roof Pic of 18' Sunrader

Diesel_Aggie

I recently purchased an '83 Sunrader and suspect it may have some roof sag.  Does anyone have some pictures of the roof of an 18' model that has a roof in good (correct) shape?  I found the roof pic from the guy who lifted his roof showing a bad roof and need 

something to compare it to.  Thanks. When I have more time I'll post a purchase/trip report of the 1700 mile trip.

• 1 month later...

I gutted mine (81) and it looks ok in the whole middle part. Only thing that sags is the sleeper, but thats just the way its made. You'll should be fine, the tops all one peice. If you still need pics I can take them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics....I've had a lack of internet access lately so just now seeing the replies. I can see from the '86 that there is definitely some arch to the roof from left to right. Mine is certainly missing that. I'll try and post a pic as well so there is a good reference. It's nice to see that the lips on the side are supposed to be dimpled down. I was really concerned mine had sagged dramatically and that they were originally flush along the sides. That does not appear to be correct. I have found a fiberglass shop in Dallas, TX who will jack up the roof in the center, hopefully popping it out the original shape and then add 2-3 support beams from the inside similar to the late model Sunraders. Quoted $6-700 if I pulled the interior which needs to come out anyway. Seems reasonable to me and I won't have to worry about it collapsing again once the 15,000BTU A/C is mounted.

PS: if anyone would like some genuine Oregon souvenier pine cones I pulled about 200 of them out along with pleny of rat/squirrel nests!

• 8 months later...

Here are finally some pictures of the roof on my Sunrader to compare. Note how mine has a depression in the center and there is no arch left to right. If anyone else can contribute pictures this would be a great resource for those in the market to purchase a Sunrader. Water pools on my roof between the front and rear vents.

post-1310-1225994510_thumb.jpg

post-1310-1225994355_thumb.jpg

post-1310-1225994208_thumb.jpg