RV Cabinets/Ceiling

I just purchased my first Toyota Rv - 2005 Sunrader. The cabinets are a little worn looking and the ceiling had a slight leak at one of the roof vents. Does any one have any suggections on refinishing or fixing up the looks of the cabinets or roof?

Thank you

I really enjoy this site.

Karen

Karen,

First, congratulations on getting your Sunrader. How did you get a 2005 model? :)

There are several ways to spiffy up your rig. Some are expensive and some not. The previous owner of my 1983 Sunrader went the expensive route and had most of the interior replaced with oak cabinets, and bathroom paneling for the walls and ceiling. Whoever did it, did a nice job in my opinion.

The kitchen area he did not replace. I got a can of gloss varnish with stain and tried to match the yellow glow of the oak. I used a small brush to apply and it came out OK, just got to apply it carefully cause the original cabinets are laminated and the color varnish doesn't apply that easily. However clear varnish shouldn't be as bad. Also using a furniture or automotive wax could make them look a little better.

I used a spray can of the plastic spray paint "Fusion" (Satin White) to get a new clean look to the cover of the yellowed roof air conditioner (inside and outside covers) and a few other yellowed plastic parts.

The ceiling is another matter, I think Sunrader used a textured fabric or simulated fabric for the ceiling. I don't know if lightly dabbing the stain with bleach or paint would work or not.

Anyway, Good Luck

Allen

post-481-1199821121_thumb.jpg

post-481-1199821147_thumb.jpg

post-481-1199821170_thumb.jpg