MidWest 2008 Toy-In Interest

bufbooth

A little pre-announcement updating....

The 2008 weekend dates are October 4th/5th and 11th/12th.

The farm that is open to visit is: www.walnutgrovefarm.com/ScenicDrive.htm

Other interests in the area: http://home.grics.net/scenicdrive/knoxville.html

http://home.grics.net/scenicdrive/galesburg.html

http://www.visitgalesburg.com/

Hello All,

Just looking to see what the interest would be for another Fall MidWest Toy-In for 2008.

I would not mind hosting another Fall Toy-In in Knoxville Illinois (just South of Galesburg)

on one of the two Knoxville Scenic Drive weekends, which should be October 4th/5th

and October 11th/12th.

This is some information on the Knoxville Scenic Drive from October 2007

http://home.grics.net/scenicdrive/index.html

In addition to the Scenic Drive, there is a flea market at the fairgrounds, about 100 Garage Sales

in the area, the entire downtown area has about 50 vendors selling food, crafts, and other items,

one of the farms has a large arts and crafts barn, a farm animal petting area, and old on the farm

type demostations, pumpkins, and other items (no fee to visit).

The campground that we stayed at last year is only a few miles from Knoxville, one of the nicer

campgrounds I have been at, all sites had mature trees, a large cut grass open field, small fishing

pond, and a couple mile walking trail though some pasture land.

If you have an interest, please email me at bufbooth@yahoo.com on which of the two above dates

would work for you and I will start creating a list.

Thank you,

Dennis Booth

• 1 month later...

Hi

As a new Toyota Seabreeze owner from South Dakota, I may be interested in the Fall Rally in Knoxville. I am in the process of trying to find a leak in the cab area, but hope to have it fixed way before then.

Arlen Brandt

Edited by Arlen

It sounds like fun, my wife and I have 92 WARRIOR 21FT. and are looking forward to our first trip, how many people have signed up, and how many spaces available?Thanks.

Hello TexasToy,

Due to being late in the MidWest camping season, about half of the campground was empty,

we had our own row. The owners were super nice and they even belonged to an RV club, in

which they were hosting their own RV-In on the other side of the campground.

We only had three Toyota's last year, but the low turn out was due to the fact that it was a

last minute (about an one month notice) decision, an East Coast Toy-In was scheduled for

the same weekend (I could not avoid it), and about 50% of those that were interested had

a conflict. I had about 10 to 12 interested, which due to a date conflict put us down to about 6,

and it turned out to be a rainy weekend, that and things come up probably caused the other 6

to not come.

As soon as campground opens for the season (I think mid-April) I will get the details finalized

and post a Toy-In announcement. I did post a poll on the Toyota Campers Website on the

interest for an October Toy-In in Central Illinois and I think we had 8 or 9 poll responses that

they would be interested. Also, I have received 3 or 4 emails of interest.

I think with the early notice this year we could be in the 10 to 20 range. I will also try to find

other activities or things to see that are in route to Knoxville.

Thanks for the interest, if you could, please send me an email if you can make either weekend

and which weekend is preferred. (bufbooth@yahoo.com)

Dennis Booth