1984 Toyota Dolphin- Good Deal?

djstory

Hi,

I am going to look at a 1984 Toyota Dolphin tomorrow. 22r engine with a 4 speed stick. It has 7,000 miles on a new motor, updated rear axle, almost new tires, supposedly all working appliances (furnace, stove, roof AC, etc), and looks to be in pretty good condition. The owner winterizes very carefully and seems to have maintained the rig pretty well. There has been some leaking in the cabover, but he said it was fixed a couple years ago. There was no wood damage and it hasn't leaked since. He is asking $3.200.

I know this isn't a lot to go on, but does it sound like the price is in the ballpark if it is as he says?

We are planning a 8,500 cross-country trip during the summer of 2008 and this little rig would be our trusty steed and home away from home.

Thanks for the feedback.

Don

I thought those motores were supposed to last 200,000 miles,but who knows?Sounds like a pretty fair deal Don,I just bought an 82, 20' for 5,500 with 11,000 original miles supposedly.I replaced the furnace because the fan motor was going out and the new exactfit atwood is all electronic,which is nice.Make sure you check everything out,I too am taking a long crosscountry trip starting this may so I'm making sure everything is up snuff.Good luck and maybe I'll see ya down the road/Randy :ThumbUp:

Two good questions Kaya.

The current owner said that the previous owner wasn't watching the temperature gauge and overheated the motor. Which makes me wonder if the overheating problem has been fixed. I haven't asked about the clutch, but will remember to do so tomorrow. How much does a new clutch cost?