Fridge units.... and solar powering... SunRader

GypsyWindTraveler

Hello!

My name is Eli,

I have been living out of my 18ft SunRader for the past year.

I finally decided its about time I try to install some sort of fridge unit in the camper.

Me and my girlfriend and our kitty are all living out of it. Instead of just me by myself,

Anyways, onto the Questions ;)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get a small fridge for the RV.What kind of power they take... is there sucha thing as a solarcharged fridge? I doubt it but was currious.

One big thing we have too look at is cost.

We are both very young. and make only maybe $200 or so a month combined in our traveling (eeks!)

so we do not really have lot too put into propane refilling often and all that..

mayhap setting up solar pannels too a few RV batterys to run the fridge?

not sure really where to start.

Iv been living in it for one year now with no kitchen, and no bathroom

I re designed the back bed and have no table either.

Lots of storage, (im a gypsy and carry many shinny things)

hehe

anyways, any information would be greatly apreciated by us traveling gypsies

hope everyone is dry and warm during this winter season!

Fix thoes leaks while you still can! hehe

~~~Eli

Hello!

My name is Eli,

I have been living out of my 18ft SunRader for the past year.

I finally decided its about time I try to install some sort of fridge unit in the camper.

Me and my girlfriend and our kitty are all living out of it. Instead of just me by myself,

Anyways, onto the Questions ;)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get a small fridge for the RV.What kind of power they take... is there sucha thing as a solarcharged fridge? I doubt it but was currious.

One big thing we have too look at is cost.

We are both very young. and make only maybe $200 or so a month combined in our traveling (eeks!)

so we do not really have lot too put into propane refilling often and all that..

mayhap setting up solar pannels too a few RV batterys to run the fridge?

not sure really where to start.

~~~Eli

Hit an RV salvage yard and look for a small fridge from a travel trailer or popup tent trailer. If you can find a 3 source (LP/DC/AC) you will be best off as you will have more power options. The engine will charge the coach battery when it is running but running a fridge on DC with the engine off will drain the coach battery in about 6 hours so you should switch to propane when stopped. The fridge uses very little gas to run it so you should have a tank last for months if just running a fridge.

Solar is big bucks in but big benefits out as you can charge batteries just by hanging out and letting old Mr sunshine do the work for you.

hmm... I didnt know that propane lasted that long when running a small ridge... I thought I would have too replace tanks every weekish..

.Ill definitly look into a small one from a slavage place.

Thank you greatly!

-=^..^=-

Our 4 CuFt Dometic consumes about 1 Lb/Day of Propane and has a usable freezer compartment. The smallest 2 CuFt (Dometic) models use about 0.6 Lb/Day. If you don't need a freezer compartment the 2 CuFt version actually holds a good bit of food and runs about $400 brand new.

Solar is pricey but a real investment because as Scrooge said to Cratchet "...and once purchased may be used indefinitely...". Solar just keeps giving and giving. We have a 120Watt Panel (around $600 right now) and can do a lot with that much juice. It provides about 35AmpHours a day (full summertime sun). As an example, that would run a Fantastic Fan on High speed for 12Hrs.

Lew