I just bought a 90 Warrior 3.0 V6. It needs some exhaust work. I am thinking about taking this opportunity to upgrade it to dual exhaust or other exhaust improvements. What do you think?

Has any one done this?

Did you find that it improved power or milege?

Are there other exhaust improvements that help?

Are there any other general modifications of the engine that seem to improve milege or performance?

Thanks

Larry

Edited by docweathers

I just bought a 90 Warrior 3.0 V6. It needs some exhaust work. I am thinking about taking this opportunity to upgrade it to dual exhaust or other exhaust improvements. What do you think?

Has any one done this?

Did you find that it improved power or milege?

Are there other exhaust improvements that help?

Are there any other general modifications of the engine that seem to improve milege or performance?

I had the ECU unit reprogrammed by JET performance and replaced the air cleaner/intake with a Downey off road one. The performance increase was noticeable.

Here is a pic of the intake/cleaner assembly

http://www.toymike.com/sunrader/pics/V6-Downey-cleaner.jpg

Be advised this intake setup IS NOISY. It sounds like a coffee grinder at idle and has a pronounced HISS during acceleration.

There is not a lot of room under for dual exhaust and unless you combine a free flow with headers you may not see much of a performance increase as a noise increase.

I would like to hear if you get better performance by opening up the exhaust. I know on my 1988 4x4 Toyota pickup I went to headers and a 2 1/2" free flow exhaust (vette L-88 high flow catalytic and flowmaster), and a modified TRD cam, but all of the power increase was at higher RPMs (4500 and above)

Headers are not available for V-6 with auto and column shift BTW (I tried)

I have not done it (yet), but duel exhaust and an overside air cleaner should either

add performance, better gas mileage, or both.

The exhaust will probably be a bit louder, and your idle and timing may end up needing

to be adjusted.

Sorry about no firm answers,

Dennis...

What does the chip reprogramming usually cost?

Downey Off Road sells the JET package for a little over $300. They are in line with most street pricing on this.

http://www.downeyoff-road.com/EngineCompon...lInjection.html

What it consists of is a cardboard box and instructions on how to remove the ECU along with packing material and a pre-addressed label to get it to JET in Huntington Beach Ca. They will reprogram your ECU and overnight it back to you.

You MUST have all engine mods done before you have your ECU reprogrammed as this is the last thing that can be done as they take into account all that you have done to the engine and re-program accordingly.

Oh and don't forget to tell them it is for a motor home not a high rev racing application.