First Trip: Done

DanRT66

Shakedown cruise: NM, CO, WY, MT, ID and reverse

Time on the road: 7 weeks, 2 days

Events requiring tow truck intervention: 1 (fan shroud flexed, shattered fan, which took out radiator and other things)

Weird incidents: 1 (cabover window shattered apparently from a big bump in the road)

Animals missed with less than 3 feet to spare: 1 (pronghorn leaping out of tall grass to cross the road in front of me)

Other Toyhomes spotted: 6, one towing a small trailer with a canoe tied atop it. One belonging to a delightful couple I met in White Sulphur Springs, Montana (let me know if you see this post)

Miles traveled: 4517

Worst MPG: 10.3

Best MPG: 16.4

Average MPG: 13.98

Whew.

What brought you through White Sulphur Springs? Just taking the scenic route? Cool area, but not much there, other than a great music festival in July, created by a woman who makes awesome (but super expensive) female work clothes (think carhartts for women). Red Ants Pants

Sounds like a great trip.

Hmm. Miles towed: 28 (at 80 mph, which was a little surreal, and yeah, the driveshaft was disconnected). I didn't figure it would skew the numbers enough to mess with it.

It's a V6. The former owner had a Jasper rebuild installed, so the engine now has about 35K on it, the coach 101K.

I lived in Montana for years and did numerous theatre tours around the state (Montana Rep, Shakespeare in the Parks, Vigilante Players) and some stationary companies (Virginia City, Fort Peck), so I know the state really well and have many friends there. I go back every year. I always loved the springs (Spa Hotel) at WSS. There's an RV park there (Conestoga) that sits on a lip overlooking the Smith River Valley, and has the best WiFi of any park I stayed at. The nights I was there, huge storms came up and swept down the valley, and I was perfectly placed to watch and enjoy them. The couple I met has a Dolphin they're rebuilding, and we traded tips and experiences. It was one of the best stops I had this trip.