Advice On Gutting My Interior

aws910

Hello all!

I have an '82 Dolphin(rear kitchen) that I have had for two years, and I've decided that the interior has to go. My eventual goal is going to be to have an open floorplan. Projects down the road will be to remove the pullout sofa(it's broken, but it was worth it), then the propane system(none of the appliances work), but the first step is going to be to remove the fixed dinette. On to the questions...

Is it better to carefully remove the chairs/table, or should I just take the sawzall to the base?

What would you recommend I *do* with the old barrel-chairs and table? My first thought was to anchor them to a pallet and use them in my garage, but maybe there are better uses I hadn't thought about. Is it worthwhile to try selling them?

Are there any forum threads that would help me in doing this?

Thanks!

M

post-7486-0-36719100-1440562664_thumb.jp

I like to take things out carefully. I start ripping and forcing and usually end up damaging something else I did not notice. Not always possible to do it that way. This is not a rule just the way I do it.

I also keep a digital camera handy and take lots of pictures, in case I have to put something back together. I do this when doing mechanical work also. Jim

Thanks for the advice! Getting all my @#%@# out of the space is proving to be the hardest part. After taking a good hard look at the realitites of propane use, I think I'm going to remove all the propane plumbing. None of the appliances work well anymore, and it's too much hassle to maintain if it's only going to last 30 years.

Looking forward, I used to want to sell mine and get a funmover, but a 31-footer just closes too many doors when you're fulltiming. I think my goal is now to renovate my Dolphin since I'm in love with the single-parking-space action. I'm going to lovingly remove the sofa, kitchen, and barrel-chairs, and put in 1/2 bamboo flooring and 1/2 alum diamond plate. Eventually will fit a toy-hauler-style gate/ramp on the back so I can throw a scooter(or sofa) in there. Yeah, I dream big. Stay tuned!