I have a 1988 Toyota Dolphin that makes creaking noises when driving slow over medium to large bumps. The front end feels tight and tracks in a straight line when driven. The vehicle has 51,000 miles. New to vehicle and Chilton idiot book is no help. Possibly dry bushings? A kick in the correct direction would be appreciated.

I thought just about all large Toyota RVs made that noise - especially when making turns on rough roads. I've read posts from many owners who report noises and I know my 1988 does it. Like I said though . . ,,mostly when making turns and having worn-out steering stops. If yours does it when moving up and down and with the front wheels straight ahead - it could be nearly any part that moves in the front suspension. Control-arm bushings would certainly be a prime suspect.

I am pretty sure it is your steering stop bolts. Dab a bit of bearing grease on the end of them and the noise should go away. Mine does the same and I am pretty sure it is a known Toyota truck annoyance.