1987 toyota itasca

Ron k

Howdy Ronk.

Looks pretty good. Only question I would have about it is the plastic wrapping around the bunk mattress. That may be due to water leaks from the front area. I would ask the seller about that.

Otherwise, as I said , it looks good. Good luck with it.

looks like it has a couple of major dents in the top rear from being backed into things. Once the seams open up it is a constant fight to keep moisture out.

Go look at it.

Run a carfax report on the vin

It is a "great white norht" unit so look for rust in the cab area and frame.

Go look at it.....

Nice looking rig, and I like the CB!

Some suggestions / things to look for:

1) be sure the rear axle is a six bolt design, the five bolts are the older weaker axle and you

do not want one. (this would be a deal killer)

2) check the tires for dry rot on the side walls and in the grooves of tread pattern, if cracking

you need to replace. (you might be looking at buying 6 new tires at about $100 each).

3) check for soft spots around the windows on the inside, just use your finger, you should hit

solid wood, if it gives in a bit, you have some water damage, not the end of the world, but

a future expense.

4) check out the roof, if there has been past leaking problems you will usually see several

patch job attempt to stop it.

5) take it for a drive, both in town and on the highway, make use you are okay with the cruising

speed (probably in the 55mph to 60mph range) and the performance (or lack of), this one

does have the 4 cylinder.

6) step on every spot on the floor for weak spots, which usually means water damage. Small

areas you can live with, larger areas will need attention.

Good luck,

Dennis...