• 2 weeks later...

I did some research, and it could be that the breather valve is clogged and the pressure buildup is causing the oil to seep out.

plan, get new breather valves from toyo dealer and swap em out when I change the gear oil.

Don't buy a new one. Just unbolt the one that's there and soak it in something like brake cleaner overnight. When you can blow through it from the bottom (gross, but you'll get over it after spitting a couple times), it's good.

It's common. It's not defective, needing to be replaced. It just needs to be cleaned.

Zach, gotcha, I saw a pic of the one, it looks like a spring loaded one way valve.

I ordered 2 from Toyota $9 each cuz the camper is stored 22 miles from my house, and takes a while to get there.

Yeah that's pretty cheap, so I guess why not.

I've cleaned a few of them in my trucks over the years. Soaking overnight in brake cleaner has always freed them up. But you're right - it's tough if you don't have the camper at home.