Magnetek 6300 Parts

DonS

looking for an old magnetek 6300 for parts, I just upgrades mine to a pd4645, But my 110 breakers are the pushmatic kind. Would like to find the 110 part so i can use std flip breakers. Don

They should be the same as a Siemens or a GE big box should have them even in a tandem breaker.

looking for an old magnetek 6300 for parts, I just upgrades mine to a pd4645, But my 110 breakers are the pushmatic kind. Would like to find the 110 part so i can use std flip breakers. Don

I've got a 6300 and a 6600 here. Both have I-T-E Panelboard breakers, type P1520 and P115GF. The panel is designed to accept the type "P" I-T-E (Siemens) breakers and I suppose your's is too. I don't think there is any direct-fit "flip" type breaker that will fit that board.

jd, That is what i was looking to do, is trying to find a way to use "flip"type breakers in my type "P" I-T-E board, Guess its not going to happen. That does answer my question though. Thank You much, Don

I guess you'll have to explain a "flip type" breaker the boxes are designed to take a normal run of the mill breaker just like you would find in a house.

I guess you'll have to explain a "flip type" breaker the boxes are designed to take a normal run of the mill breaker just like you would find in a house.

No - there are "flip:" or "toggle" type breakers for panel-mounting just like the Pushmatics being discussed here. Just so happens that his breaker-box is made for I-T-E Pushmatics and I don't think there is any other "panel-mount' type breaker that will fit.

The breakers for home-panels are usually stab-mount, and not panel-mount except for the main breaker.

Maineah, what i am talking about are just a std household breaker, The ones i have now are the push on-off type, Would like to change them over to the std type.

OK now I know what you are talking about I don't think it's going to happen with out replacing the box it's been many year since I have seen one of them the breakers are sill available but for the price of one breaker you can buy a new box and modern breakers. I just installed one, a 60 amp box and two tandem breakers for less than $40.

You can buy panel-boxes and breakers at Home Depot for a cheap price. Especially if you use Homeline, Sqiuare-D, or GE breakers.. The new box is not going to fix in your control center though. A 40 amp or 70 amp two-breaker box is going to be around 3 3/8" X 10 1/4"

post-6578-0-02464400-1429702788_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-72578800-1429702789_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-03370300-1429702791_thumb.jp