The Water From My Holding Tank Smells Like Gasoline

suquoro

Well, there are a few reasons...

But we'd need more info. I mean how on earth would we know? :)

They are in absolutely no way connected.

Fresh water holding tank?

How long have you had the RV? Has someone borrowed it? Kids in the neighborhood?

There are probably a dozen reasons it could smell that way, none of which we could possibly know anything about from over here on the internet.

Somebody poured gasoline in there. How or why or who is up to you to find out.

Maybe the smell is not actually coming out of the holding tank but is from a nearby gas line that is leaking the odor.

If you are putting your head under the rig and smelling it could be getting into your nostrils from anywhere. Fill a cup and go stand a ways away from the motorhome for your sniff test.

Do you have a lock on the water fill for your holding tank? Did you know that almost all of the older RV's had the same key? I changed mine and installed locks that a local locksmith re-keyed to a none standard key cut. It is good if you know the locksmith so you don't get charged for the time. It only took him about 15 minutes to do 5 locks for me. I now have 2 spares.

Hopefully my post didn't seem rude or dismissive. Especially coming from someone like me who asks a ton of questions here.

My point is that I think you've got more of a "detective" situation on your hands than a "tech" situation. I think somebody put gas in there. Whether maliciously or otherwise. On my camper, the gas cap and water tank cap are inches apart. Someone could, in a moment of absentmindedness, put gas in the wrong one...