Any Micro-Mini Datsun/nissan Owner/experts Out There?

zero

I think every single Nissan used GL5 gear oil in rear ends for years as did a ton of other vehicles. Will the gears swap out with standard truck gears? I don't know about that but if I had to find out, that is where I would start. There is so little power here that I have to think with proper maintenance they will last many miles. 

Supposedly GL5 will damage the brass synchro's which is why GL4 is used in transmission. 

5 hours ago, linda s said:

I don't know what differential was used in the 710 DRW models and I am have difficulty finding it. I know the V6 D21's like John and I have used diff only used in the DRW heavy duty models and the 4x4 King Cab.  If you can tell me how many bolts on your diff rare cover I might be able to figure it out. There are quite a few other anomalies in the dually. My speedometer gear that plugs into the transmission was broken when I got it and found out it was a dually only one. Luckily I found a Nissan parts guy who searched the nation and found me one. 

Linda S

Thanks Linda

I will let you know how many bolts. I just want to change the fluids but it would still be good to know if the diff is different than stock. According to John it us stock. Thanks as well John. I will be in touch. 

PS Still trying to find info on the Citation cabin like an owners manual if anyone has access.

5 hours ago, john*thomas said:

I think every single Nissan used GL5 gear oil in rear ends for years as did a ton of other vehicles. Will the gears swap out with standard truck gears? I don't know about that but if I had to find out, that is where I would start. There is so little power here that I have to think with proper maintenance they will last many miles. 

Supposedly GL5 will damage the brass synchro's which is why GL4 is used in transmission. 

6 hours ago, john*thomas said:

A Haynes manual will be an excellent investment. I have one for my 87. The cab and running gear is all Nissan. 

Thanks John

I have a Haynes and Chilton manual for the Citation. I also have a 1982 Datsun 720 with the Z22 engine and bought a Haynes manual for it before I bought the Citation so I now have two identical Haynes manuals. Better two than none. LOL. Come spring I will be ready to travel all across Canada with confidence. Thanks again