Slow now -slower with weight

d.richey

I have a very slow Winnebago Warrior 91. I have not even added camping supplies and water and would like to have a generator. Am I just looking for alot less power especially with the generator? I would get a 2.8 microlite.Please advise. Thanks Doug

I hesitate answering any mechanical questions because I am not a mechanic and have never been a mechanic. But considering no one has offered help, I will try. What do you mean "very slow Winnebago Warrior"? Why do you consider it slow? Will it do the speed limit? Have you done a tune up, changed the spark plug wires, changed the air filter? Are you brakes dragging? Is your transmission fluid low or does it need changing?

I see you have a couple other threads going which mention problems which could be affecting the power and speed of your motorhome. Hopefully you have this problem already addressed. As to adding camping supplies and water, wait til you get close to where you are going. The various Toyota motorhomes are already pushing the limit weight wise without adding anything. Adding a generator should not affect the bottom line of your engine power. I doubt you will notice anything. The Honda 2000 is extremely popular with RVers because it is so quiet, 58 db or there abouts.

If you are accustomed to overpowered American Iron you may have unfair expectations regarding the "performance" of a Toyota MH, either the L4 or the V6. About 2/3 of the LOADED Big Rigs pass us on any grade. Yes, you will see a discernible performance reduction with the addition of a 110Lb [Onan] Generator. That is just the way it is.

If the Engine runs smooth, consumes NO Coolant, has normal oil consumption, and the transmission shifts smooth, it is probably normal. A compression test would verify this.

If you think there might actually be a power output problem with your Toy but because of lack of experience with Toys you are unsure, you need to either drag race with another Toyota MH, or get someone who owns a Toyota MH to drive yours.

As always, YMMv

Lew