Noob Needs Mentor

peregrination

you should be able to paint the cabinets in place if you're super careful and in no hurry. mask like mad with the blue tape first.....no one ever regrets doing too good a job on masking. big issue with many RVs is the crappy quality of the stuff you're painting.....getting it clean enough so that paint will stick may damage it further, but needs to be done.

I just did this job on mine, altho I painted the "walls" and left the "cabinets" in woodgrain....the quotes are because the distinction was pretty arbitrary. lightly sanded with 220 grit alox for adhesion, cleaned with denatured alcohol, then painted with a light coat of Kilz primer. once that dried, I topcoated with Ace Hdwe washable semi gloss kitchen and bathroom "enamel" (still water based)....used high quality foam brush and did lots of light coats rather than one heavy one, trying to avoid brush stroke marks, and it seems to have worked OK. I went with a barely-off-white with (of all things) a tiny pink tinge for a warm tone, to work with the maroon cushions and woodgrain cabinets, and to slightly riff off the color of southwest desert mountains at about sunset.

one other thought for out of the box fixup: my wife covered the doors and drawer faces of our travel trailer in handmade paper (the stuff with embedded flower petals and bits of leaves) and it came out awesome for little $ (if a lot of work). she wrapped the paper around the back sides and coated over it when done with some sort of varnish or coating (careful there as many varnishes yellow things a lot, ask before buying if it matters)

I went the partial route. That is I painted some but not all. Also replaced the wall covering with a non-repeating pattern paper I got at Lowes. The painted doors brightened everything up. Some new door pulls and it looks completely different. I also went the laminate floor route. Pretty strait forward

new_fridge.jpg

painted_doors.jpg