You may cut down on engine drag due to the fan but do you gain anything due to drag on the alternator? I want to keep my limited electrical output for charging the batteries and running my 12 volt refrigerator.

In a "normal" vehicle not being worked to death, the fan only comes on once in awhile when the vehicle is stopped and has no natural air-flow. When it DOEs come on it's going to draw 20 amps, more-or-less. For a Toyota with a stock 60 amp alternator that can only charge around 30 amps at engine idle - it will likely be a draw on the battery every time it comes on. Like when at a long stop-light or a traffic jam? Be more of a problem if the AC is on or the lights are on. That's one reason why newer vehicles have bigger alternators. To provide 40-60 amps at engine idle speed. If I wanted an electric fan on my Toyota (and I don't) - it would be rigged with a solenoid that increases RPM whenever the fan comes on.

By the way, I used the word "normal" because a Toyota RV is not. It's pretty much overloaded and overworked much of the time. My diesel Ford truck has a thermal mechanical fan. It rarely comes on but when I'm towing 10,000 lbs. on a hot day and climbing a hill it does. When it DOES engage it sounds like a damn helicopter under my hood. I know my 1988 21 foot Toyota Minicruiser with auto trans and 22RE engine barely ever even gets warm. Not even on hill climbs. Trans - yes. Engine -no. That is, except when the water-pump shaft sheared right off.