Mid-West 2007 Toy-In Update

bufbooth

Hello All,

We had a total of three Toyotas for the Mid-West 2007 Toy-In, I was hoping for six of us but

the short notice took it's toll. The representation was great, we had a 1984 Toyota, a 1990 Toyota

and a 1993 Toyota. Representation was from Madison WI, Windsor Canada, and Carmel IN. The

Knox's County Fall activities were great, there was a flea market, city museums, the entire downtown

Knoxville area was filled with food and craft vendors and there was a county wide garage sale, and

one of the local farms had a barn fest, which had crafts for sale, horse drawn wagon rides, produce

goods for sale, and an animal visiting area where one could milk a cow, give milk to calfs, feed baby

chicks, along with a half dozen other animals. Found a few unique gifts like a folding wood basket.

Saturday night we had a Chili dinner over the campfire. I had picked up a 8-quart cast iron bucket pan at

the flea market that morning, which worked great. Also, had some hot cider with the Chili. The campground

was one of the better ones I have ever stayed at, super clean, every campsite had one or two trees providing

shade over the entire site. It had a nice fishing pond and about a one mile path through the woods and medow,

and about 10 acres of open grass area, all surrounded by corn fields. The owners of the campground also ran

an RV repair shop next door, no one needed any repairs but it was nice to know it was there.

A lot of Toyota stories were exchanged around the campfire, places we have been, problems we have had,

future modifications to the Toyotas, and a number of good stories.

I arrived late on Friday night and decided to have dinner at the local American Legion, they had a steak

and shrimp dinner fund raiser going. As I got a block away, I said to the wife that this area really looks

familiar, and then it hit me, it was where I ran out of gas on the first day of our July 2007 Yellowstone trip,

I had slept in the out of business Amoco and walked past the American Legion on my way to get gas...:-(

I will post some pictures later.

Dennis...