Looking at 1982 Sunrader 18' tomorrow?? Questions

kblake

Hello, others should be able to offer you more/better advise, but I thought I would get it started:

1) be sure it has the replacement rear axle, it will be a 6-bolt pattern, be sure that that

it is truely a 6-bolt axle and not an adaptor, I think the easy way to tell is that the

axle should stick out 6 or so inches from the rim. If it is flush with the rim, it is the

older axle in which you probably should stay away from.

2) take if for a ride at highway speeds, be sure you are okay with how it handles and that

you are okay with the power performance.

3) Check the tires for spliting in the grooves. The tires could look new, but will be split/dry rotted.

If you are counting on the six tires as part of the price and they are dry rotted, new tires will

cost you about $100 a piece or more.

4) check for water damage around the windows and doors, just press the wood around them with

your finger, it should be solid. Also, step on every part of the floor, any give is probably water

damage.

5) check out every item inside, the heater, stove, oven, hot water heater, water pump, toliet

air conditioning, and that water flows from every source. You probably will not be able to check

the frig, takes too long, but ask if it works.

6) ask to see the service records of the engine, ask if the timing chain was replaced, if the head

gasket was ever replaced, if the transmission was ever worked on, and when the last time

the transmission was serviced (fuild change),l and when the rear axle was last serviced (fuild

change), and when the fuel filter was replaced.

Good luck,

Dennis...

I was interested in the information you past on to the reader/new buyer for toy mini.

I didnt have any idea about the rear axel problems. Ive had mine redone like 4 times now and the dealer

never mentioned this issue to me.. Way thanks :ThumbUp: .I think the dealer likes my greenbacks. :ranting2:

:Poster_oops::lips-sealed::headbonk: Boy do I feel like a doof.