Outside Mirror Seal

toyohome

I have a 1987 Dolphin with some outside mirror problems. I need to take the glass out and am concerned about the U shaped seal that holds it in.

I am afraid that it is too brittle to save it and am looking for a source for replacement seals that will fit.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

My outside mirrors had rotted along the edges under the seal from rust. Of course with age the seal is also no longer flexible. I tried taking them apart but soon realized I could never repair the damage and still get a good seal at the edges. The link to the Velvac Mirrors above is where I ordered replacements. They were a perfect replacement unit. For some reason that website was out of stock on one of the mirrors however my local RV supply store was able to order one for me from their supply catalog and have it in their store 2 days later since it was a regional warehouse item.

One thing I forgot to mention. I replaced everything new and the stainless clamps did not fit my bars at all.

I had to reshape them by putting a socket with the right outside diameter inside them and slowly clamping down on the clamps with a vise. You have to use the vise as when the clamps are compressed the holes don't line up anymore. I reshaped the holes with a Dremel cutting rod bit and now everything fits good. Maybe they sent the wrong clamps but they can be made to work, maybe sometimes I'm too fussy for my own good :)

JC