Clearance lights fuse?

johnkimble

I replaced the bulbs and one of the entire clearance lights in the front of my 87 mini cruiser and they worked for a short period of time. Less than a day. And now they won't work at all. I am having trouble locating the fuses for these lights. I looked with the fuses for the coach and I also looked under the steering column. They were all okay. Any ideas where else I should look for fuses? Or any ideas on what could be causing a problemo for my clearance lights?

I replaced the bulbs and one of the entire clearance lights in the front of my 87 mini cruiser and they worked for a short period of time. Less than a day. And now they won't work at all. I am having trouble locating the fuses for these lights. I looked with the fuses for the coach and I also looked under the steering column. They were all okay. Any ideas where else I should look for fuses? Or any ideas on what could be causing a problemo for my clearance lights?

Clearance lights are run off of the truck's parking light circuit. Use your truck manual to locate where this fuse is. On my 1981 it is behind the drivers side kick panel.

Standard bulb clearance lights are a PITA at best. I have replaced all of my bulb clearance lights with 12 diode LED clearance lights. They use less DC current than a couple of standard bulbs and they will never start blinking on and off like bulbs will.

http://www.moosepucky.com/sunrader/pics/LEDmarker.JPG

Here is where I purchased mine (M1 model have the same screw mount spacing as stock Bargman 99 clearance lights and are a direct replacement, though a little thinner top to bottom).

http://www.superbrightleds.com/truck_lights.htm