2002 4X4 Taco/ Pont-X Build

joaquin suave

I have just bought this 2002 TRD 4x4 Taco:

taco1.jpg

My plan is to remove the bed and fabricate an aluminum Ute tray (Aussi style flat bed). She will be mostly used for work/ shop truck. But, I am going to take my time and modify this Pont-X cabin to attach to the flat bed and be able to be removed at a campsite using "plug-in" camper jacks.

Camper.jpg

Here is a photoshop of what it is kind of going to look like.

taco-mock.jpg

This is going to be a long project and I am in no hurry, so hopefully you all will be patient with this slow build thread.

Yes! Awesome. Good idea.

Some day when I'm all grown up and have a real job I hope to find an old pop-top Chinook and put it on a newer Tacoma. I'd like to actually cut the back of the cab off though so I can walk through the cab to camper, and mount it permanently.

I'll be interested to see how this goes for you.

Some day when I'm all grown up and have a real job I hope to find an old pop-top Chinook and put it on a newer Tacoma. I'd like to actually cut the back of the cab off though so I can walk through the cab to camper, and mount it permanently

I would love to have my Sunrader shell on a nearly new truck. But it is unlikely to happen :(

Thank you both for the kind replies! However... I am reading some "self defeast" in both your statements. CUT OUT THAT MONKEY HOO HAA OUT right now! It is all within you power!

Grow up???... F'en, F, F'en THAT!!! I refuse to grow up. You know what happens to people that grow up? They start taking themselves seriously, thier ego goes postal... And then they wither AND DIE! Pardon my f'n this and f'n but i REFUSE to surf that slipery slope.

As far as advancing on your mechanical dreams? YOU CAN DO IT! Just remember what my lifeguard rescue boat captain "BRO" sayz...SLOW IS PRO!

Edited by joaquin suave

Growing up was mostly a joke. Growth is inevitable, it's whether your beliefs get rigid that is the issue. It's more the job part I was serious about.

No self defeat, I'm just not willing to put every last bit of the money I do have, or go into debt just for a camper.

It'll happen at some point when I make more money.

I don't see anything about not having the mechanical ability :)