This afternoon I replaced the exhaust manifold with a new one as well as all new gaskets. It is not leaking air anymore. However, as I was taking it to the gas station it suddenly started ticking - loudly! I sounded like the front of the valve cover. I pulled into the driveway and took the valve cover off. Everything sees to be attached correctly. No teeth missing on the timing chain or sproket. Where do I look next? Oil is clean up top - no shavings. I thought I read on another post about the valve cover being too tight. Bottom line - I have driven this engine about 1000 mile since purchase. (70K milage) There has not been any issues except for the exhaust gasket. Please help!!!!! :blink:

post-1069-1190952856_thumb.jpg

Edited by thepager5

Hey there everyone - After reading for hours on-line about all of the different clicking noises under the hood, I decided that since this has never happened before, I would just start with the most obvious - the valve cover. I took the cover off - checked all the springs, nuts, arms etc. Nothing unusual. I then replaced the gasket and the two half moon gaskets at the ends. Re-installed and used new valve cover nut gaskets - these are reinforced w/ metal on one side (up) the other is cut to fit in and on the valve cover - I then (as per reply to another post) hand tighened and 1/2 turn w/ cresset the nuts. Making sure the gap was even all the way down the valve cover. Hooked all hoses back - changed oil and oil filter - unhooked and reattached the sparkplugs. Started it up and - NO MORE CLICKING!!!!!! :ThumbUp: I have driven it about 15 miles and took it out on the freeway for about three exits and 55 MPH. It is running great - thanks to the guys on youtube that posted the before and after of the engine that had the nuts too tight. This saved me from a trip to the mechanic and possibly lots of $$$$$$.

post-1069-1191000768_thumb.jpg