Help with Clogged Shower Drain..

85Seabreeze

Hello,

I have a 1985 Toyota Dolphin with one of those bathrooms in which the whole floor is a shower with a drain on one side. I recently tried to shower in it for the first time this last weekend camping, and the shower itself was awesome, great pressure, very warm, amazing for camping. However, the water just piled up on that base floor and would not go down the drain. I let it sit for 24 hours, then 48 and it doesn't seem to be going down at all. The drain did not look to be clogged or have hair or anything in it before I showered, it looked fine. Any ideas? I'm about to try some of this Draino type stuff you put down drains to unclog them but nervous about hurting something in the process. Has anyone else had this problem and found a good solution?

Thanks!

Hello,

The first thing I would check is if your gray water holding tank is empty. Next I would try

to see if something is clogged right below the drain, if you can take your drain cap off try

to see if something is under it. If that looks okay, it sounds like your piping is clogged up,

I would try a piece of wire to push down the drain pipe. Usually the show either goes right

into the gray water tank, or there is only a few feet of pipe to get to the holding tank.

Also, you might want to try a littel plunger action.

Hope the above helps,

Dennis...

Thanks to both of you for your advice. It was not the tanks, I had emptied them before returning from the trip so thats why I found it odd. However, I did open up the drain cover (broke it in the process, will have to find another one to replace it) and like Dennis said, it was completely clogged up! I poked at it for awhile with a screwdriver and knocked a ton of it loose and now the water goes right down it. :) Glad to have it working again now, just need to find a new cover to glue back down after I clean the 20 years of grossness off from under where the old one was.