Toy Winnie Warrior Needs Body Repairs In Tx

vrocrider

Any RV body shops in Houston you can recommend? Got a quote from one guy that seems competent....quoted minimum $5K. Comments?

Issues are as follows:
1.) Roof leak at right rear has caused some separation of the filon. Size is approximately 2 ft by 3 ft. Need roof leak stopped and filon repaired. Could not get a picture that would show filon separation.
2.) Front left top of cab overhang damaged from soft impact with roof in a covered parking space. I have a new metal trim piece. the old is bent. Pictures provided.
3.) Window in cab overhang cracked. Have replacement glass. Need installed. Picture provided.
4.) Lower left of cab overhang damaged from water penetration. Need repaired. Picture provided.

Can these issues be repaired by a competent shop & look OK/acceptable/good?

Big $s are in overhang repair....thought I'd ask shop to make repair & I'll put back together to save $s. Questioning whether I should put $s into MiniWinnie.

Any comments welcomed. Thanks.

post-5734-0-17341200-1405625090_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-48064700-1405625100_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-26085700-1405625115_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-89114000-1405625123_thumb.jp

The overhang repair can be done relatively easy depending on your skills and tools. I did a minor repair years ago on the exact same one as yours. I would put up to $3K into it. Yours still worth around $6-$7K once fixed.

u find a rv center that will repair it . it will be more.you could do the repairs yourself if u take your time .there realy not much to that area of the rv. if you lived closer to michigan i would do it for 2