I swear I can't find a date on the rear tires. The front tires are obviously brandy new. The PO probably didn't want to spring for rear tires. I was laying on the ground with a flashlight and couldn't find anything that reads DOT. There's a blank space with a star asterisk thingy, but nothing is there.

Anyway, they look older even though the tread is fine. So I'm going to go for it. A local shop's site says they have the Hankook RA08s. Walmart says they can get 'em a little cheaper but I don't know if I trust them for duallys. I also took into consideration that there are Walmarts everywhere if I have a problem, but since none of them stock that tire, is that an advantage?

On the theory that it's easier to let air out than to put it in, I think I'll tell them to start at 60 psi.

Is there anything else this Newbie should be considering? Have a good one.

I swear I can't find a date on the rear tires.

This may sound like a dumb question - but did you check both sides of the tire? DOT date code is only required to be on one side of the tire. Most tires have been date codes since the early 1970s although the older codes do not give an exact year.

This may sound like a dumb question - but did you check both sides of the tire? DOT date code is only required to be on one side of the tire. Most tires have been date codes since the early 1970s although the older codes do not give an exact year.

What? Crawl under there with the bees and the biting flies? I hate them biting flies, they never give up. HeeHee. No but I see cracks in the sidewalls. I don't like cracks. Thanks.

Yeah, I can actually get my thumbnail into some of those cracks. I work for an auto parts store and we use this shop. I'm going to call them in the morning. Planning a trip soon to Cherry Springs State Park, PA. Supposed to be the darkest place in PA. Need some good weather to star gaze. See how the old rig handles the Eastern Mountains.