1981 Oaklander Diesel For Sale

Hey guys! Thought I would stop by and throw a post in here about my rig in case anyone around Chicago was looking. I am buying a winnabago v6 tonight, so my baby will be up and available. if anyone is interested, feel free to pm me and ill get you my phone number. Its in 7 out of 10 condition I would say. Have spent 1500 since spring on getting her perfect for the year. Here is the link to the add if anyone is interested! Its located in Lakemoor, Illinois

thanks! Brett

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/4549537120.html

really not too much different than the 22r. Being a little 18 footer probably helps. The gearing is different than you gas folks as well. She holds 50-55 on most hills no issue in 4th

really not too much different than the 22r. Being a little 18 footer probably helps. The gearing is different than you gas folks as well. She holds 50-55 on most hills no issue in 4th

Nice looking and rig and looks like a very fair price. But . . I've got to ask. What are you calling a hill?? My 20 footer with a 22RE can't climb what I'd call a real hill at 50 MPH no matter what gear I'm in. And the 22RE has a lot more horsepower and torque then a 2.2 liter diesel unless it's got a turbo running 15 pounds of boost. To get near the max horsepower from that diesel in 4th gear - you'd need a 4.88 rear to get 3200 RPM in 4th. I'm curious too what rear end ratio you've got? Does it seem not excessive in 5th? Just curious. A truck with a 4 speed (in 4th) and 4.1 rear would run the same RPMs at 55 MPH as a truck with a 5 speed (in 5th) with a 5.29 rear. Seems that would be the ideal setup with a NA diesel. I've got a 2.2 diesel in a Isuzu mini-truck. NO camper. Just the truck with a 4 speed trans and my truck certainly cannot climb any substantial hills at 50 MPH.

Well in Chicagoland our "hills" arent probably what youre imagining. I believe the stock rear end was a 5.29, and the new 1 ton is 4.10. I dont have a tach, so im not sure what the rpms sit at 55. I would guess near 3k though. I dont really use the 5th gear unless im in flatland, but when you do have some hours with no incline its nice to have the option to cruise at 60 comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...

Sold her....

Gonna miss this rig. She got a lot of attention anywhere i went. From peace signs to thumbs up to yota enthusiast.

now to get my winne personalized!