Love Making Do

An update on the AC shroud and the fridge access door.

I went ahead and bought a new plastic fridge access door. It's by dometic and was in town. It was sort of pricey at $40, but I could return it if I didn't like it, and I do. I had to cut away about 1/2" of an incredibly tough rubbery substance that the refrigerator compartment was built up with. I really wonder if it was "stock" or if someone applied it after the fact. Anyway, the door fits and looks good.

Next, I found a slightly cracked Coleman AC shroud at my friendly RV/army surplus store. Another $40. Measured beforehand, and it was an exact fit. Just the bolt holes Were different. Dear hubby glued, epoxied and taped said shroud until it looks like new. Then he drilled and mounted the new shroud. It looks really great.

I didn't appreciate how nice they look up on top until it's missing. AC without cover is UGLY.

Since I'm aware, I'm surprised how many RV AC shrouds I've seen along the road!!

We discussed removing AC, as we probably won't use it often, but a local RV store told me the emerson quiet cool is a great AC, and he would keep it. So 29 yrs and counting. If it goes out, fine, but till then, if it works, we keep it!

Fiberglass waxing. Ugh. But we are almost done, and love the smooth, glossy look!

Furnace is working, sort of. Has a balky blower fan, and will start about half the time. When it does, burners light and hot air come out! Nice....except it's summer here! We will take out the blower fan and have bearings checked or get new blower fan. Love the little round ducts!

Well, just love the sunrader!