Sunrader Floor, Black Plastic Sheet And Wood, ?'s

brp

Hi everybody. I am mid-way through my Sunrader based project and I am looking for some suggestions regarding the floor.

The floor on my '87, Indiana built, Sunrader is some thick OSB wood with a black plastic sheet hung from the under side.

Now that I have removed some fasteners/tanks/etc., there are a lot of holes in the black plastic sheet and it is sagging and curling. To me, it seems like it could let moisture in that would have a hard time getting out, and cause rot, hold dirt, and just seem like a bad set-up.

My thought is to rip all the plastic down, treat/repair any rotted areas (have not found anything significant yet and keeping my fingers crossed, and then coat the wood with some type of epoxy, resin, or maybe one of the new deck restoring coatings.

My Sunrader will be mounted on a flat bed, so it won't take quite the abuse that a normal Sunrader would, being lower to the ground and having direct exposure to the road.

Thanks a lot.

PS. I searched for this type of information and all I found were Sunraders that have some wood and foam sandwiches for the floors, that is not the case for me.