Just did our final trip for the year to Lake Superior. Had a great time. Lower Temperatures, nights just above frost, blue skies big waves out on the old lake. Came back with about 600lb of rounded polished stones. More than likely set the record for some of the smallest agates ever found...

Second last day, going to visit Oswalds Bear ranch, starting from cold, the tranny wouldn't upshift. Stayed in first gear continuously until the temperature came up, then suddenly it shifted like normal. I get the impression that when it is cold it is first gear only, when hot only 2nd and 3rd (and overdrive). Since that day, its the same routine now with every cold start. Just first gear until the water temp guage gets to about 40%.

Any clues as to what the problem is ?

Best regards

Keith

I hope others can give you some info also. I am not an auto trans rebuild man, i did run a slush box years ago when i raced my Mustang at the strip. So here goes, you say its a new ? trans or a rebuilt one? Has the filter and trans fluid been changed? Shift modulator! Usually thats a sign of stuck ck. ball or balls along with bad o rings clutches slipping in drum and servo not getting enough pressure to shift when cold. Fluid getting by o rings. The down shifting part is possibly the modulator or ck. balls stopping its function.

• 2 weeks later...

Smokepole.. Sorry for the long delay. Have had a lot go on our end. Daughter in law and bambino has moved in with her mother and I and had to reconfigure the house...

I figure that since the big powerplant switch is scheduled for spring 2008 I'm not going to bother further at this juncture. Once the big surgery starts (pulling all the bodywork off the chassis) I will be loosing the 22RE and the tranny. Refrigerator, water heater, furnace, stove all are going. I have the PCM for the Chevy V6 and the 4L60E transmission. I have all the pins and pieces to make up the 3 connectors for the PCM (nice winter project in front of the wood stove). I have teflon insulated wire for the harness. I just added a lathe, mill and surface grinder to the workshop so that in future I can make about any part I might need at home and on my vehicles.... he he he.....

I have thought about it a lot and to retain the identity the rebuild will look quite similar in outer profile. Entry door will move up front, wrap around dining table / seating will go in the back with some nice viewing windows. Roof will be convex. No options for pooling water at all. All exterior and interior will be the aluminum honeycomb material so I will see a big weight reduction. Air springs going in on the rear. New leaf springs at the back and new bushings all around. New shocks at the front. I don't think the V6 is a huge increase in weight in the front. Not much more than the Toyota V6 anyway. Right now the front of my truck rides a bit high so well have to see.

Till later

Keith