I'm offering this info because it may be useful to one with a "project" Toy.

I purchased an ozone generator and am very pleased with it's performance.

I'm preparing one of my RVs to sell (not the Toy). I'd like to prep it to be as good as what I'd sell to a family member.

It is a 20 year old fifth wheel with two slides. Has a new rubber roof, slider seals, window seals, roof vents & skylights, and a new paint job. New tires and bearings. And so on...

Lately, the living room slide leaked. I think it is the first time ever. I dried it out and got the slide issue fixed. Then I had the carpets cleaned. But there was a faint residual odor.

I went to ebay and bought an ozone generator for $120. I ran it for 110 minutes, and the odor is 100% gone.

post-7621-0-43555500-1393429065_thumb.jp

I work in a resort and we use those units to remove the smell of cigarette smoke from the rooms. It is illegal to smoke in public buildings in Wisconsin but it happens at least once a week. The guest gets charged for the air purification. Those things really do work well at getting rid of odors.

Used car lots also use them to remove odors.

Just use it, but don't inhale!

The EPA sez...

Can Ozone be Used in Unoccupied Spaces?

Ozone has been extensively used for water purification, but ozone chemistry in water is not the same as ozone chemistry in air. High concentrations of ozone in air, when people are not present, are sometimes used to help decontaminate an unoccupied space from certain chemical or biological contaminants or odors (e.g., fire restoration). However, little is known about the chemical by-products left behind by these processes (Dunston and Spivak, 1997). While high concentrations of ozone in air may sometimes be appropriate in these circumstances, conditions should be sufficiently controlled to insure that no person or pet becomes exposed. Ozone can adversely affect indoor plants, and damage materials such as rubber, electrical wire coatings, and fabrics and art work containing susceptible dyes and pigments (U.S. EPA, 1996a).

Edited by FredNewell