Take a photo of the servo unit so people can see what the model is.

Does you Emer Brake light come on when you pull the brake? The Emer brake light will keep the cruise control from energizing. ALSO - Check the brake fluid, it will cause this also.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Take a photo of the servo unit so people can see what the model is.

Does you Emer Brake light come on when you pull the brake? The Emer brake light will keep the cruise control from energizing. ALSO - Check the brake fluid, it will cause this also.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

John,

Thanks for the suggestions. The E brake light does not come on when it is applied. The brake fluid reservoir is getting very near the 'min' line but has not caused the light to come on. Do I need to add some brake fluid anyway?

If you still need pics, I'll try to get them loaded.

Where do I go from here? It sounds like we are on the right track.

I'm amazed at your wizardry!

Thanks again

Need photo of servo (the thing that moves the gas pedal).

Top off brake fluid. this will cause the CC to not engage.

ALSO when you say it won't "turn on" what is your indication that it isn't turning on. i.e. light or not working,

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

John,

I topped off the reservoir. When I turn the ignition to 'on' the brake light is 'on'. When I start it, the light goes out. I then pull the emergency brake and still no brake light.

I've never seen a cruise control light. When I say it is not coming on, I mean that it is not working.

Pictures are attached (I hope).

post-7347-0-82025100-1383778142_thumb.jp

Sorry, can't help you with that one... Any idea who the make or model is?

The only other generic problem would be to check you brake switch. Make sure your brakes lights do work ok.

ALSO - Some of the aftermarket CCs used a magnet on the drive shaft, and had a sensor mounted on the tranny tail shaft to sense the magnet. You might climb under the truck with a flashlight and see if you see anything like that. Look along the length of the drive shaft. Usually the magnet is about the size of a nickle and uses a wire or strap to hold it on the driveshaft. The sensor needs to be withing an 1/8 of the magnet when the driveshaft rotates.

While your under there see if you can wiggle the drive-shaft where it goes into the tranny tailhousing. It shouldn't wiggle (no side to side play)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I rarely use my cruise control - it has to downshift on every hill so I prefer to let it slow a little uphill & accelerate on the downhills - better fuel mileage & easier on the drivetrain. I have the V6 in a 93 winnebago warrior