No action from the furnace

smagnus3

I currently have my 1986 toyota dolphin plugged into shore power and I am not getting any action from the furnace. When I turn on the thermostat and set the heat I hear the thermostat click but the fan/heater never turn on. Not sure where to start with this problem. I believe it is an automatic lighting furnace so it is difficult for me to tell where the problem may lay.

I currently have my 1986 toyota dolphin plugged into shore power and I am not getting any action from the furnace. When I turn on the thermostat and set the heat I hear the thermostat click but the fan/heater never turn on. Not sure where to start with this problem. I believe it is an automatic lighting furnace so it is difficult for me to tell where the problem may lay.

When your turn it on, the blower should start. The air from the blower closes the sail-switch. Then 12 volts is sent to the gas-valve solenoid and the ignition/control board.

If the blower doesn't come on at all - the furnace isn't getting power or the fan-relay is not working (or possibly a fan motor issue). If the blower DOES come on - watch the circuit board for spark. The board has a little neon bulb (sort of ) that is supposed to light up when the spark-system is working. It is put there as a spark indicator for diagnostic purposes. If the bulb does not light, you've got no spark and probably need a new circuit board.

Here are a couple of photos of control boards with the little spark-indicator (blue circles around it). It lets you know when spark is happening in case you cannot see inside the burner-area.

post-6578-0-09170700-1379785781_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-82522200-1379785785_thumb.jp