Seeking Central New Yorker to provide some guidance...

CeeHope

I'm hoping someone local may be willing to give me an hour of time to help me to learn some how-to's about my toyhome. I have more work to complete: roof coating, minor exhaust leak, grey water tank leak at broken bolt, air bag problem on one side, carpet replacement (new flooring choice not made) and maybe more, the list seems to grow, not shrink! But I am trying to get much learning and work done quickly...wanting to hit the road to CA in mid September.

I recently acquired the rig with 63,000 miles and so far the exhaust manifold gasket has been replaced. Although there was no sign of leakage when I bought the rig, as it sat in my driveway during a hot spell, it began to get ripples in the ceiling. After the next rain, more ripples and now I have torn down the loser part of the ceiling cover to try to discover the extent of damage. The ac unit was loaded with debris and had not been cleaned out in a long while. That is handled, but there is an area beneath the ac pan on the roof where water pools. Looks like a big project ahead and then some creative solution to the now unfinished ceiling issue. Oh my, so much to get at.

I would love to make it easier on myself to learn via someone who has been there and done all of the that's. So, if you are in CNY and are willing, I would sure be grateful to meet. I would like to learn about the systems in the rv and how to best efficiently manage them. Everything from sanitizing the water system, to draining the tanks, etc. is all new to me. I have been reading, but learn best by demo.

I cannot wait to be enjoying travel in the new little house!

I'm hoping someone local may be willing to give me an hour of time to help me to learn some how-to's about my toyhome. I have more work to complete: roof coating, minor exhaust leak, grey water tank leak at broken bolt, air bag problem on one side, carpet replacement (new flooring choice not made) and maybe more, the list seems to grow, not shrink! But I am trying to get much learning and work done quickly...wanting to hit the road to CA in mid September.

I recently acquired the rig with 63,000 miles and so far the exhaust manifold gasket has been replaced. Although there was no sign of leakage when I bought the rig, as it sat in my driveway during a hot spell, it began to get ripples in the ceiling. After the next rain, more ripples and now I have torn down the loser part of the ceiling cover to try to discover the extent of damage. The ac unit was loaded with debris and had not been cleaned out in a long while. That is handled, but there is an area beneath the ac pan on the roof where water pools. Looks like a big project ahead and then some creative solution to the now unfinished ceiling issue. Oh my, so much to get at.

I would love to make it easier on myself to learn via someone who has been there and done all of the that's. So, if you are in CNY and are willing, I would sure be grateful to meet. I would like to learn about the systems in the rv and how to best efficiently manage them. Everything from sanitizing the water system, to draining the tanks, etc. is all new to me. I have been reading, but learn best by demo.

I cannot wait to be enjoying travel in the new little house!

Not sure I can be of help or not but I'm in central NY at least half the year. 20 miles from Oneonta and Stamford and 15 miles from Cooperstown and Cobleskill. Send me a private email please.

I'm hoping someone local may be willing to give me an hour of time to help me to learn some how-to's about my toyhome.

I looked at your personal info and it shows you're in Baldwinville? That's where my daugher lives but she would not be of any help. She's a nurse in Syracuse with no RV experience. I'm about 2 hours away. I've got a Toyota Minicruiser and two Chinooks, along with a few other RVs.

If you come to my area near Cooperstown we can show you a few things. Also my "neighbors" are here camping on a mountainside hay-field for two months and can also tell you a lot. They come up from Florida every year and camp for two months on what is left of their old dairy farm (120 acres). They have five different RVs and have spent the past 60 years camping and travelling in them.

If you decide to see this area and camp - I've got plenty of places you can get into with a Toyota and park/camp. I've got 80 acres of mountaintop here with 20 acres of fields and good roads going into them. Many campgrounds nearby also thanks to Cooperstown sites, Glimmerglass state park, etc. Come this week and you can catch the Delaware County fair.

hi

I also live in cny(Canastota) and am totally clueless about my Toyota sunrader. relied heavily on boyfriend but am trying to become more knowlegable as he has no interest. let me know if you find anyone.