air shock pressure range

voicemaker

Hope you're having a fine summer!

Does you know what the air shock pressure range for the '92 Winnebago Warrior with the factory installed

rear air shocks is?

Regards,

Voicemaker

Hope you're having a fine summer!

Does you know what the air shock pressure range for the '92 Winnebago Warrior with the factory installed rear air shocks is?

You should have air ride suspension not air shocks. If you have air shocks you should remove them and replace them with air suspension bags.

If they are Firestone Ride Rite the pressure is anywhere between 5-100 psi

http://www.fsip.com/riderite/products/rrinfo.shtml

You should have air ride suspension not air shocks. If you have air shocks you should remove them and replace them with air suspension bags.

If they are Firestone Ride Rite the pressure is anywhere between 5-100 psi

http://www.fsip.com/riderite/products/rrinfo.shtml

Thanks Diesel Mike. You are correct I have air ride suspension bags. One of 'em is leaking air at the base of the bag. The actual shocks run inboard and parallel to the bags.

Is removing the bags completely and adding a 6th leaf spring an reasonable option? Any other ideas? (The FIrestone system

is 400 bucks locally!)

Voicemaker

Thanks Diesel Mike. You are correct I have air ride suspension bags. One of 'em is leaking air at the base of the bag. The actual shocks run inboard and parallel to the bags.

Is removing the bags completely and adding a 6th leaf spring an reasonable option? Any other ideas? (The FIrestone system

is 400 bucks locally!)

Voicemaker

The diesel has 9 rear springs (7 ride and 2 load springs). It is very.... well... stiff.... to say the least. It handles like a sports car in the corners but can be a little rough on non paved roads at any speed.

The sunrader has the stock 3 ride and 2 load springs + 1 Downey off road additional ride spring and Firestone Ride Rite bags. It is very cushy but does not sway any. I like the ride of springs and the additional Downey ride spring on each side made a difference in the way it handles but the air suspension is still in play too...

You can get a single replacement bag for your Ride Rite set up and just replace that. PPL has single bags for $123 and they are not hard to put in. No point replacing the entire set up for one leaking bag.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-whee...e-ride-rite.htm

The diesel has 9 rear springs (7 ride and 2 load springs). It is very.... well... stiff.... to say the least. It handles like a sports car in the corners but can be a little rough on non paved roads at any speed.

The sunrader has the stock 3 ride and 2 load springs + 1 Downey off road additional ride spring and Firestone Ride Rite bags. It is very cushy but does not sway any. I like the ride of springs and the additional Downey ride spring on each side made a difference in the way it handles but the air suspension is still in play too...

You can get a single replacement bag for your Ride Rite set up and just replace that. PPL has single bags for $123 and they are not hard to put in. No point replacing the entire set up for one leaking bag.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-whee...e-ride-rite.htm

Thanks for the advice Diesel Mike. To borrow a line from Star Wars "You are the master, I am the student!"

I've discovered the other bag is also leaking. So far, I've got one of 'em out. (Had to remove the rear wheels to

get at the bracket) They are older Firestone bags called "3T Air Sleeve". I'll change up to Ride-Rites and possibly

add the Downey springs. Did the Warriors roll out of the factory with just the 5 spring stack and the Toyota rear shocks?

Voicemaker

Did the Warriors roll out of the factory with just the 5 spring stack and the Toyota rear shocks?

Voicemaker

If a coach came with air suspension the springs were "usually" left alone (i.e. the stock Toyota arrangement). If the air ride was added later there "could" be additional ride springs in the set.