Fixed front LED turn signals

Vanman

After much head scratching I realized the Toyota people figured since the front turn signals are mounted in plastic there was no reason to follow normal automobile convention in their wiring. Bulbs don't care but LED's do so I cut the wires behind the plug housing connector and reversed 'em. Now I've got nice bright left side turn lamps both front and back. :) I did follow the harness to the engine compartment and there it was the white wire with longtutudial black stripe and the 2 red bands crimped to a lug bolted to ground.

In many years of working an cars, motorcycles, boats, I've never seen this before. But will sure check polairty on the bulbs not yet converted.

vanman

I forgot to ask if anyone knows if the metal pins inside the connector on the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the bulb socket are removable ??? It would sure be easier to just swap 'em then cuting, splicing, crimping, taping up the harness. I have seen similar auto connectors that had a releasing tab for their removal, but could not find any way to do that on these, am I missing something ???

TIA vanman