Improvements I've made to my 1990 Itasca

I will try to share what I've done to the Toy home so hope someone could benefit from these...here it goes.

Mounting a TV/DVD combo.

In this project, I used the 24" Toshiba tb24v4260u with buit-in DVD player. This particular model being chosen for it's light weight (11.7lbs) LED backlight with 1080P resolution and 2HDMI inputs along with VGA. Thinking this would work if I ever need to use it as a monitor. Sound is decent since it's quite thick (due to DVD player) so the speakers are a little bigger compared to other thinner TVs. $174 was what I paid. It has vesa 100mmx100mm mounting holes

As shown on the pics, I mounted right above the fridge compament along the wall. I used Video Secure ML12B CB5 $14 from Amazon. This wall mount is full articulated with 4 adjustment points so I can angle the TV in whatever direction I wanted. A bit over kill but I didn't know what to expect.

Mounting the wall mount is relatively easy. The top scew has solid wall so I used the included wood screw and bolt it right in. I had to use nut/bolt/washer for the bottom one due to the wall being hollow (behind the bathroom sliding door)

I purposely mounted the TV a little lower so most of its weight rests on the top of the Fridge's cabinet, not on the wall. Seems to be secured even while the motorhome is running. This TV has provided hrs. of enjoyment for us while we are out. The Itasca has the roof top attenna built in already.

Power consumtion is very minimal. About 20Watts with DVD player. My 100W inverter works just fine.

post-4406-0-61710800-1373482444_thumb.jp

post-4406-0-61548800-1373482461_thumb.jp

post-4406-0-22276900-1373482482_thumb.jp

post-4406-0-44163900-1373482506_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really, I just went into the bathroom, close the sliding door then I can access behind it to tight the bolt. The other bolt was a screw in type that went to the stud

Nam, how did you gain access behind wall for bolt/washer/nut assembly? Did you take the sliding door out first?