satellite radio antenna location

86rader

Just picked up a sirius radio for the sunrader. they recommend putting the antenna on the roof. Seeing as the sunrader roof is non metallic, I would think that I could get along fine with putting it inside. Thinking about just sticking it under the overcab mattress.

Anybody out there got any suggestions? This thing will go in the car when the toy is parked, so I don't want to permanently mount it.

I put the antenna on top of the left front fender as far forward as it would go and routed the wires inside the hood and thru the door. it sounds hokey but the wires are well hidden . it will make sense when you go out to your rig and look at it in that light. the reception is exellent and i did not have to drill anything. I have had no problems and have probably driven 1,000 miles with this instalation.

John

p.s. if this doesn't make any sense I will try and attach a photo when I get home next week.

I bonded my XM reciever antenna onto the top of the front hatch on the roof. The antenna wire is about 1/16th thick and fed through the hatch perfectly. My GPS anenna didn't have a long enough cable for that location, so I installed that in the location suggested by John. That now works perfectly too.

Keith