New Owner of 1985 Huntsman Motorhome

Michelyn

Water only has a limited number of paths into the grey water tank. Either at the "wash basin" in the shower or the sink in the kitchen area. Are you sure there is no slow leak at one of the faucets (including the shower) that is going unnoticed ? The toilet would drain into the black water tank. At the dump connection, the pipes for black water and grey water come together after the slide valves.

If the dump outlet has a cap on it and one or both dump valves leak it is possible for water from the black water tank (from a leaking toilet flushing tank) to backup into the grey water tank.

On the other hand, if the vehicle has been around since 85 there is no telling what plumbing "rework" might have been done by former owners (I had to re-plumb from the tanks to the dump hose connector myself because that plumbing apparently got smashed in an accident prior to my buying the motorhome).

You may have to peek underneath to figure out what is going on if you come up with no leaking faucets or toilet flush tanks.

Keith