Cab Over Wiring-Help

PixieChick

Can someone help me to understand what's going on here with the wiring? The pics are from over the cab running lights....

this is at the far left post-6986-0-13756400-1360523242_thumb.jp

this is the second light post-6986-0-59749800-1360523292_thumb.jp the thirdpost-6986-0-29484600-1360523058_thumb.jppost-6986-0-83981500-1360523113_thumb.jp

and this is at the foot of the cabover next to the fridge. what do I do with this??post-6986-0-73239500-1360523189_thumb.jp

post-6986-0-69312300-1360522962_thumb.jp

well that sure didn't work out very well! Corrections

first pic is the far right light

second is at the foot of the cab

3rd pic is the first light

4th pic is of the 2nd light

the third light only had one white wire

sorry about this mess-please forgive the newbie!

Ok the blue and the white wires are most likely the power feed to the lights. Each light should have both wires usually they work like this the blue and white to the first light then another set of blue and white goes to the next light this means there will be 4 wires in each light except for the last one where there will be only two. If the lights will only except two wires you will need to run the blue and white all the way across and splice them to each light. The white most likely will be a ground and the blue will be the power feed from the parking light circuit. I have no ideal what is inside of the lights or even if they come apart. If they do the little tip of the bulb is the + end that should be connected to the blue wire and the other connection to the white. As I'm sure you know the light probably did not work very well. While it's all apart this would be a good time to replace them with LED lights they usually are pre wired with two pig tails seal them up good wire them up and forget them no fooling with bulbs or bad connections ever again.

oh man..thanks so much! I've got my led's ordered, and now I know why the darned things weren't working, and how to procede...

Appreciate it much!