Paint Bathroom/wall paper it?

Scottybuck

My '86 conquest has wall paper in the bathroom, and it's peeling back on one part of the wall where a piece of wood trim runs. Would it make sense to glue this back down, and paint the bathroom, or do you think I should put new wall paper in it? Paint seems like the easiest thing to do, I guess....It's the small bathroom where the sink, toilet, and shower are all in the same room. If you guys have any pictures of what you've done, I'd be glad to take a look for ideas.

Scott

I would choose a different option of cutting and installing some nice bright white and waterproof FRP panels. Cuts easy, adheres to the wood with a waterproof adhesive, seal the edges and corners with silicone, trim it out with decorative edging and pretty much never have to worry about peeling paint or paper again. It is easy to clean, and stays shiny clean pretty much forever. Just a thought

there is a fantastic tool to remove wall paper called the "steam buggy" by shark; singer also makes a knock off. Takes off wallpaper with ease. Then I would hit it with textured spraypaint in a Stone color. (at least thats what I will be doing to mine soon.)

If you strip the paper to paint, there will probably be some additonal prep work needed to be done as no doubt the paper covers some imperfections and loose ends in the construction such as seams, corners etc.

I'd try cementing the failing corner back into place followed by painting as John and Totem suggested if that doesn't work out for you.

IF you plan to use your shower a lot, agree w/ David, that putting some FRP panels up would be a nice modification. I believe WME (Terry) did such a thing to his rig and he was very pleased with the results.

I searched hi and low for paper that would come close to match, NO DICE.

We finally said the heck with it and decided to paint. We just pulled off any paper that wasn't stuck, primed the walls and ceiling with Zinser, then painted.

Prime with a nice thick bristle roller, paint with the same bristle roller. You cannot see any of the imperfections or wall paper transition lines.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto