October 2012 Midwest Toyota Rally - October 5th-7th

bufbooth

Hello All,

There will be a second Midwest Toyota Rally in 2012, it will be the weekend of October 5th – 7th, 2012

(Friday – Sunday) back at the original 2007-2010 Midwest Rally site in Knoxville, IL at the Galesburg East

Campground (http://galesburgeastrvpark.com).

Our group name is “Toyota Rally”. For reservations call 309-289-2267 and tell them you are part of the

“Toyota Rally” group. If you have any problems ask for Judy. The campground is currently holding a

block of 10 sites next to each other for us for the next week or two, after that they will do their best to

keep us all together. The campground is very nice, all pull through sites, nice showers, a store,

TV/meeting room, all pull through sites, nice tree cover, a fishing pond, playground, and trails.

So far we have eight Toyota owner families that stated they were interested and those came just after a

few days from only using the Wisconsin Dells email list.

I did get confirmation from the fairgrounds and from the scenic drive committee that a flea market will

also occur on the October 6th weekend.

The following is just a summary of activities for this weekend, I will send out complete details later:

Downtown Knoxville exhibits (arts, crafts, food, vendors, displays, etc…)

Knoxville city wide garage sales

Galesburg 11th annual scarecrow contest (Saturday)

Knox county fairgrounds (flea market, food, farmers market, tractor display, etc…)

Knox county scenic drive

Walnut Grove Farm (Barn Sale, animals, produce, crafts, etc…)

Maid-Rite restaurant (I am having lunch there on Saturday!)

This is going to be an Ad-hoc rally, the only scheduled activity will be a campfire on Saturday night

around 7pm. Bring your favorite snack and pass it around, I will have hot (and cold) apple cider.

Everyone interested can join me at the Maid-Rite for lunch on Saturday at noon, if you never ate at a

Maid-Rite before, it is like stepping back 50 years and they serve a unique hamburger (like a sloppy joe

but without the sauce).

Hope to see you all there and please email me after you make a reservation,

Dennis & Bonnie Booth

C: 317-590-6525

bufbooth@yahoo.com

I would love to attend my first TOY rally, and the location is only about an hour and a half from where I live. My job keeps me on call 24/7, so I will ask for that weekend of in the time off rotation. It will be awesome meeting some of the owners and posters here in our forum. I am heading for 2 weeks vacation in September to Wisconsin Dells and Lake Winnebago area. so I will make reservations for the rally once I get approval for the weekend off in October. Yummy Made-Rite's are loose meat sandwiches, and are a great Mid-Western treat! I hope we can get a good turn out! Happy travels!

I have requested the weekend off, and have approval to do so. My plans are to attend, but I will let you all know it that changes due to work related issues. I live just the other side of Peoria Illinois, and the R.V. Park would only be about an hour and a half from my home. I look forward to my first rally!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all! I am just informing you that I do plan to attend the Rally, but only for a short time unfortunately. I will arrive Friday to visit and stay the night, and will visit and participate in what I can on Saturday, leaving in the afternoon about 1:00 PM as I need to attend a wedding later in the afternoon. It will be real nice meeting those in attendance, and putting people where we only have words of those here in our forum. Happy Travels!

wish I could pull it off, but at 377 miles @ 55 mph puts me at 7 hours straight and I work today.. I wouldn't get there till midnight at best and would immediately be concerned with getting kids ready to leave again in 1 day. Have fun though; will be thinking of you all and wishing you safe travels.

Hello< things have come abundant that I now will not be able to attend, as much as I want to. Being so close to me made it an awesome oportunity to attend my first Toy Rally, but due to work, a wedding Saturday, and the obvious rain conditions for today thru the hours I would be there, I feel making it would be too much to squeeze in for hoping to make it enjoyable for the short time I could attend. I wish you all a great time!