Where is the best place to buy a 26x26 escape hatch?

bufbooth

It is the vent that is over the cab bed. It cranks open like a regular vent but has a

red latch that slides, once doing that the entire vent hinges open (like a tank top door)

and one can crawl through it. I have used it before to get up on the roof instead of

using the ladder. I think mine is original and had repaired a few cracks in it, but the

rubber seal is starting to break down, as a result I have a slight leak when it rains.

I know I could probably just replace the seal, but it probably time to replace the whole

thing.

The lowest I found was 72 bucks and change for only the hatch cover, and the 98 bucks for the listed whole assembly on eBay. If you can get the whole assembly for $76 dollars, that would be a very good price. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same hatch in my Odyysey. It is a convenient way to get tothe roof. My cover was cracked after seeing the ridiculous prices they get for replacements, i just patched it with fiberglass.

One other thing. I don't believe the rubber is there to keep the rain out, but to keep it from rattling. Your leak may be coming from elsewhere. It may be time to remove the hatch and replace the putty.