Sealing the seams and roof?

Leah

Hi,

I just sold my 86 new horizon on ebay a couple days ago, but the new buyer won't be picking it up for a week so I was thinking I might go ahead and reseal the roof and maybe the seams for her since she will be living and traveling in it fulltime..BTW it isn't leaking now anywhere as far as I can tell. I live in the Pacific northwest where we have super rainy winters and I haven't seen any leaking, I'm just trying to do preventative maintenance.

When I bought it the previous owner told me he had painted the roof with rubberized paint about 3 years ago, but it looks to me like it will probably need a new coat soon. Anyhow, I was just wondering if one of you kind folks could direct me to a link or file that describes how to waterproof toyhomes. I looked around the forum a bit but didn't see a specific how to guide. Thank You!

EPDM rubber in a self leveling liquid application would be the easiest I would think, I did a search for EPDM to the search for ya, and it will take you to some links here that discuss leaks and roof situations. So just type in EPDM to the search bar, and maybe you will find the info you seek. Good luck!