Hello All,

I just purchased a set of Hankook tires, size 195R14C.

Does anyone know what the "C" at the end stands for?

It is not load range "C", these tires are clearly marked "Load Range D"

to the right of "195R14C" and the max weight written on the tire matches

what Load Range D should be (2094 single use 1984 duel use), and

it is also written on the tire 8-ply rating.

Thanks,

Dennis...

Hey Dennis, could you give the model of hankook tires you have that are "D" rated commercial, at a 195r/14? Could you please give us a purchase point as well? I'm sure there are many like myself that would love to have these tires, but locating the proper Hankook model and who sells such a great tire has been difficult. I can find "C" load for 14 inch rims all day, but if I can find those "D" load you have put on yours, I would love it! Thanks!

David - Most major tire stores have them in their warehouse.

I went to Discount Tire (DT), took a printout from the VW Westphalia Van web site that showed they would sell me the tire for $72.. DT matched that price, charged me balance, mounting and tax. It came to $683 for 7 tires, out the door. (185R14 Hankook RA-08)

They didn't have the tires in stock but had to order them from their warehouse, took a couple days. (no, they don't order them from the VW place - SO DON"T LET THEM CHARGE YOU FREIGHT) They called me when they had the tires, I dropped off the Toyhouse in the Morning, came back that night and we were good to go.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto