Door speakers

MikeW

Mine has door speakers from National RV. I just replaced them. I wish I had the original dash speakers.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

John,

Why do you wish you still had the dash speakers, Do you not like the door speakers and what speakers did you use in the door locations? Also, do you recall what was the max. depth that was available for the door speakers?

Thanks

Mike

I think the original speaker location in the dash / Instrument panel would be better for sound then the doors.

You might want to pop the door panels off to check. Mine had cutouts for speakers, but National didn't use them, instead, cut their own, and then did not re-seal the door.

Goto this link and scroll down to the bottom for door pictures.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4381

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thanks John,

I have replaced the 4 inch speaker in the dash but they still sound pretty bad. You can only get so much good sounding music out of those small speaker.

Mike

My '88 Escaper has the dash speakers that aim at my knees and they sound terrible. I am considering replacing them with the best speakers that I can get. I know that they are small but anything will sound better that the tin cans that are ounted in there right now.