I have a 1988 Escaper. My spare tire sits on the rear bumper and is held up by a bolt that goes through the rear wall and has a large plate on the inside of the coach. My Escaper has a rear kitchen so the plate is under the sink and not visible.

Thanks Bob for sharing this idea. My RV has the bathroom area in the rear and I'll have to look it over to see if I could do the same idea. I'm not sure about poking holes through the walls to get this done. I was hoping to discover a system that is lockable and attachable to the bumper area.

I also have the spare tire mounted on the rear wall with a plate inside. (Rear bath Dolphin)

I also carry two bicycles using a Spare Tire Rack for the bicycles (The rack straps to the spare tire and the spare tire supports the weight of the bikes)

If you do the the bumper thing, make sure your bumper and bumper mounts are beefed up. That 50 lb spare tire is a lot of weight to hang out there on the bumper. A Spare on top of the bumper will introduce a lot of twisting into the bumper. You may need to weld plates and gussets to the bumper and bumper mount so it'll support the weight and the twisting.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto