Washington DC - Campground

I've been in Washington DC for the last 4 days participating in workshops at Freedom Works.

We decided to make a mini vacation and out of this, so we brought the grand kids and the Toyhouse. While I was in DC from 7 am to 9pm, The wife and kids did some tourist stuff, and just hung around the pool.

After searching around the Internet, I found a place called "Cherry Hill Park". It about 40 minutes from the capital building via the metro.

Although the place seems a little high in price ($60/night (Plus 5 per child, but they give Good Sam and other discounts ) when compared to local hotels is a good deal, and the park has features that are just unbelievable.

For me, commuting into DC to work ( or if your a tourist) was very easy. They have a metro bus stop right there at the campground that connects to the Metro rail, which runs trains every couple minutes. The first trip on the Metro can be a little intimidating, but everyone is helpful, both at the campground and the people who ride the Metro system every day. I'm a veteran Metro rider, But this was my wifes first venture on the Metro by herself with the two grandsons. (They played tourist while I was at work), and they got through it without any problems and now they're old pros.

As for the Campground. Its BIG. I want to say Crowded, but even though thing are jammed in, every spot has level gravel parking spot and green area, nice table area and fire-ring., They have a lot of parking slots, and we seen everything from tents, popups, Class C's and the big Prevosts. There was even another Toyhouse there, its well kept and in good repair, clean, quite, AND, they have a lot to stuff top do right on the property. two swimming pools, a grill, ice cream parlor, laundry, clean showers, grocery store, RV parts store, Conference hall, they show nightly movies and Hay rides. You need to check out the web site)

Full hookups, water sewer, electric. they can fill propane.

They have a a huge staff of friendly people, (I think most of them are RVers, so they treat you like they want to be treated. They fill up fast on the tourist season, so they can do reservations on the phone or on line.

This is defiantly a good place to stay if your traveling on business or pleasure

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto