Newbee

aahmes57

I am looking for a Toyota Motorhome specifically looking at a Toyota Escape.

Don't know too much about them but I'm wondering what they are worth and where to find information on them. Its a 1989 Toyota Escape 4 cylinder 39,000 miles on the truck. I ran the VIN and it came up wrong chacaters, not sure what happened JT5RN7549H0014967 Engine Family HTYZ4T5FBB7 needs a new whater heater and some other plumbing. Any help would be appreciated.

Do they have generators? Are they self contained? What model/type of truck are they? Where do you buy OEM parts? I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions once I buy this thing. How much should I offer.

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

haven't run across any escapes for sale. if it's molded fiberglass like sun rader then 5000 could be really a good price, if not then anywhere from 4000. depends on condition, what appliances are included and if they work. if all cherry and everything works without water damage and drive train checks out and new in years tires could push 10,000. seems that location makes a difference too. do lots of searches on craigslist and other rv listing sites to get a feel for the wide range of prices and conditions. be ware of what some people describe and good condition. :o) good luck with the hunt and decission

I have an '88 Escaper. I really like it so far. We bought it late last summer and have put about 3000 miles on it without incident. We spent a week in Door County (Wisconsin) and a couple of great weekends with friends.

The truck is a cab and chassis sold by Toyota. The truck parts are available either new or used. The coach is added by the manufacturer. They are built on the Toyota frame. Most of the parts are strictly off the shelf. Most manufacturers use the same components and the parts are still available for the most part.

Look around for parts on the internet. I got a new Atwood electronic ignition (direct spark) water heater for about $200. If you are reasonably handy, you can do most of the repairs yourself. Ask alot of questions, these guys will help with any problem imaginable. You will find yourself learning fast and feeling competent are doing the jobs without incident.

This fall I am taking 10 days in northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan. Next summer Door County with 3 of our kids and their families, totaling 10 people. (Not all in the motorhome.) The following summer my wife and I are taking off for about a month in the Rockies.